Okay, I know I went off on that whole rant about not wanting to blog about makeup and everything, but I just couldn't resist. Instead of waiting to take pretty pictures of everything, I went ahead and played with my ELF Studio haul that I got back in October. Yeah ... I know. Hehe I took pictures anyway. Yay for 75% off codes :D
These are all normally $3.00 USD but on sale, they were only $0.75 each. Score.
1) Studio Concealer Pencil & Brush in Light (5/5)
- It claims to: "Conceal and heal acne for on the spot treatment"
- Did it? I don't know about the healing part but it certainly covered redness fully without making my face really spotty. The blending brush is super soft and works great. Light is actually perfect for lighter Asian skin : )
- Impression: I love it! I'm going to use this everyday for spot treatment.
2) Studio Complexion Perfection (4/5)
Note after 2 weeks of use: I use this everyday to set my concealer and foundation. It works great for matte-ifying my skin and controlling shine but it doesn't not super-perfect your complexion like a magic powder.
- It claims to: "Create a balanced and radiant complexion that is beautiful and healthy. The lightweight formula evens out the skin tone and absorbs excess oil.
- Directions: Blend the powder over the entire face to brighten and even out the skin tone as well as neutralize any redness.
- Did it? When I swirled some onto my flat-top brush, the powder was yellow. It may seem all pretty and pastel yellow, blue, green, pink but it's not. When I put some on my chin, it was definitely too pale for me. Then I spread it out as they said and I don't think it did anything. My face isn't airbrush perfect because of it but it does work as a pressed powder. The redness was pretty much gone with the concealer so I'll have to check back on the neutralization.
- Impression: Funky smell? Or is it from the concealer? It did make my skin super soft and satiny and work great as a powder so not too bad! Wasn't super wowed either.
3) Studio Powder Brush (5/5)
- It claims to: "Create a professionally sculpted look, give full coverage color, can be used for powder of blush for perfect contouring"
- Directions: Dip the brush into powder and the tap off the excess. Start near the hairline and work inward as to not over-apply the color.
- Did it? I only used it for the today's fun so far but I already love it! Its bristles are soo soft and I love the black sleek look. The brushes also look much sturdier than the $1.00 normal ELF line ones.
The rest of the Studio Brushes: all 11 of these beauties for $7.50. Deal Hunter? Why, yes : )
Just got Photoshop CS4 Extended .. playing around with brushes of a different kind. Enjoy!