- 1) Carry-all wristlet/clutch. After losing important plastic cards on multiple occasions from lack of pockets or transferring from backpack to purse to coat pocket, it's time to invest in something pretty and functional to fit my phone, ID's, a few dolla bills, keys. Tiffany's mint green doesn't hurt to look at, wrapped around my wrist.
- 2) Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue. It's the only perfume I have ever enjoyed and wouldn't mind smelling like refreshing grapefruit yumminess every time I walked by (and especially after anatomy lab). Having trouble justifying the price tag for a bottle.
- 3) Ankle rainboots with bow detail. My shoes smell putrid after pounding through the rain, which transfers to my socks/tights and my feet. These short versions would keep my feet dry and work with any outfit on a rainy day (frequent in Ohio). My Hello Kitty ones were a little silly-juvenile and ripped up after a few years so I tossed them last spring.
- 4) Parka. Outerwear is a good investment, since in colder climates like where I live and walk outside for 30+ minutes every day, layering is a must and your jacket makes the statement. Parkas go with everything and they're so casual cool. Shearling lining inside and furry hoods earn functionality bonus points.
- 5) Chunky circle scarf. Saw a great option at H&M for $15 a few weeks ago - this is actually the only thing on my list for keeping everything sealed and warm when I step out into the great outdoors. It beats having to tuck in the ends of my really big scarf or having to deal with unruly scarf fringe.
- 6) Butter nail polish. Oh Butter London, you amazing amazing thing. First time I swatched you, my nails cried with tears of joy. No butterknife needed, but it sure melts right on with smooth heavenly-ness just as the name promises. Shades chosen for the holidays and professional work because my digits have been so sad-looking, cropped, and naked for the past four months.
- 7) Canon 50 mm f/1.4 prime lens. Okay I haven't even figured out all the wonders of my SLR or 1.8 prime lens yet, so there's no reason why I should be coveting a $300 lens but the bokeh is soooo smooth! Someday when I deserve the upgrade ..
Collage by me. Photo credit: perfumelover.co.uk, melshoes.com, amazon.com, butterlondon.com, tiffany.com, hm.com/us, coolspotters.com, shopbop.com, shop.nordstrom.com, svpply.com
Readers - do you wish for more practical or flashy gifts during the holiday season?